This Privacy Statement outlines our Policy regarding gathering, using, and disclosing some information, including personal data associated with Internet performance testing services. This page informs you about our guidelines regarding the gathering, using and disclosing personal information when you utilise our Service and the options you can make regarding that data.
To comply with this Policy on privacy, we are accountable for processing personal information.
To read how we protect your privacy, read our Privacy Act. Scroll down.
We might process: your personal information (e.g. your name) and demographic information (e.g. the age of your child) and your contact information (e.g. or your address) as well as the records of your consent; information about your purchase, the details of the employer you work for (where relevant) details of the interactions you have with our advertisements or our content and any other views or opinions you express to us.
We also may process information regarding you based on your Use of our services (e.g. your kind of device that you are using, the Internet service provider, etc. ) as well as the interactions you have with content and advertisements on the Services.
“Personal Information” refers to any person or information from which a person can be identified directly or indirectly.
“Process”, “Processing”, or “Processed” means anything that is performed with any Personal Information, whether or not through automated methods, including the collection, recording, organising, structuring storage, adaptation or modification retrieval, consultation usage, disclosure via transmission, dissemination or any other form of making it available, alignment or combination, restriction, or destruction.
We may process the following personal information about you:
- Personal information includes your name, username or login information and password; the subjects or areas of interest and a photo (if you or a user else posts photos to this Service).
- Demographic data: gender, date of birth/age; salutation, nationality, job title, company details as well as education, work experience and other professional details and preferences for language.
- Contact information: address of your postal mail phone number and mobile Email address; your social media handles on the Internet and your profile(s).
- Consent records: Records of any consents you may have granted, including the date and date, the time, the means of consent, and any other pertinent details (e.g. the reason for your consent).
- Location information: Location data that details the precise physical position of your gadget (“Precise location data”).
- Payment and purchase details record of prices and purchases invoicing records and payment records and billing addresses; payment method; cardholder’s or accountholder’s name; the amount of payment and date of payment.
- Employer details: if you communicate with us in the role of an employee, we will provide you with the contact information for your employer (including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) to the relevant extent.
- Comments and views: Any opinions and thoughts that you or other users decide to share with us, such as but not limited to feedback about services from third parties or posts that you publicly share our name on various social platforms or on the Services, which includes forums.
We also collect different kinds of information from us or other sources and call “Other Information” in this Policy. This Policy could include but not be restricted to:
- Information on the Use you make of the Services, including usage information and statistics, could be compiled.
- History of browsing, including websites or websites you visited before and following interaction using the Services.
- Interactions with and searches for E-commerce possibilities, including offers and merchants inside the Service.
- Uncertain information regarding the approximate physical area (for instance, at the city or postal code levels) of a user’s personal computer or device is derived from the IP address associated with that device or computer (“GeoIP Data”).
- Identification of the device (“ID”) is a unique number connected to a smartphone or comparable handheld devices and is distinct from a serial number for hardware.
- Advertising ID is an individual, user-resettable ID number for advertisements that are associated with the device (e.g., iOS uses the IDFA (also known as the Identifier for Advertising (or “IDFA”), and Android uses Google Advertising ID).
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) IP address is a specific number automatically assigned to your device every time you connect to the Internet.
- Internet connection refers to things like the internet provider (“ISP”) wireless connection, mobile provider the service set identification (“SSID”), International Mobile Subscriber Identity (“IMSI”) and International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”).
- Type of device, settings and software installed.
- Log files can contain IP addresses, browser kind, ISP referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and clickstream information, such as clicks on custom links.
- Web Beacons are digital files that permit a site to keep track of those who have visited the page or to allow access to specific cookies.
- Pixel Tags are also known as clear GIFs, beacons, pixel tags, or web bugs that send information from the user’s computer to a third site.
- Local Shared Objects (such as Flash cookies) and Local Storage like HTML5.
- Mobile analytics for understanding the capabilities of our mobile apps and applications on your smartphone.
In certain situations and based on the law in force in Certain circumstances and based on applicable law, certain Other Information can be classified as Personal Information. Personal Information and other Information are further described as “User Information”.
We do not attempt to collect or process sensitive personal information. When we have to process sensitive personal information to fulfil a legitimate need and be in compliance with the applicable law. Our Services are not designed to be used by children.
We don’t collect or use Personal Information regarding races or groups, ethnicity, political beliefs and beliefs, religious or philosophical views or trade union membership, physical or sexual health as well as any suspected or actual criminal offences or penalties or any other information considered to be sensitive under the GDPR and LGPD (collectively, “Sensitive Personal Information”) in the normal conduct in the course of conducting business. When it becomes essential to process sensitive Personal Information by GDPR or LGPD, We will base our decision on a legal basis:
- Conformity with applicable laws. The law permits us to process sensitive Personal Information if the Processing is required or authorised by law.
- Prevention and detection of crime We may process sensitive Personal Information if the Processing is required to detect or prevent criminal activity (including to prevent fraud);
- Establishment, exercise, or defence of your legal rights. We could process your sensitive personal information if the Processing is necessary to establish or exercise legal rights.
- Consent: We can process sensitive Personal Information if you have provided us with your consent in compliance with the law in force and gained your express, prior authorisation before processing your sensitive personal information.
The Services are not designed to be used by children, specifically those under 13 years old. Any person under 13 years old should give any personal information or participate in our discussion areas for public use forums, chat rooms or other areas. Children under 18 cannot purchase items via the Services or obtain coupons or vouchers from our Services to purchase products or services through third-party websites. Suppose, despite these prohibitions, your children share details about themselves on our public forums. In that case, There could be consequences that are not designed for children (for instance, they could receive unwanted messages from different organisations). If we discover that we’ve collected Personal Information from someone under 13 years of age, we will erase the information as soon as possible.
We may collect or get User Information about you directly from you (e.g. or when you make contact with us) or as part of our interaction with you (e.g. if you purchase) or when you decide to make your personal information accessible to the public (e.g. for instance, if you publish a post regarding us via social media) and when you download or install one of our Services or when you access our Services or register to use any portion of the Services or engage with any third-party advertising or content that you interact with through the Services. We also may receive the information you provide us from third-party sources (e.g. social networks, for example). Websites). We also may create user Information regarding you, including details regarding your communications with us. Telstra Speed test does not hold you accountable for Personal Information that you provide about yourself in public places on the Services. This Policy does not address the practices of third-party companies that might give information about the person you are to the TelstraSpeedtest.
Data Collection for information about users: we can collect information about you as a User via the following resources:
- The information you provide us information you provide: We can collect the Personal Information you provide by delivering it to us through the Services (e.g. if you sign-up for emails bulletins, newsletters, white papers, webinars, etc.). Sign up for a membership on our site or create an account or profile in any of the Services or participate in any sweepstakes or contest, or prize drawing and receive information about promotions via SMS text messages; take part in surveys, or conduct searches through the Services and contact us by phone, email, or any other method; or purchase an account, subscription, software license or product; or if you give us your business card. ).
- Information about relationships might get or collect your Personal Information during our normal relations with you (e.g. when you purchase a product or service through us).
- Information you share with the public Data you make public get your Personal Information that you would like to share with the world, for example, through social networks (e.g. We could obtain data about your Facebook profile(s) if you post an open post regarding us) or via Our chats, forums, or groups on the Services.
- Data from our Service: We might gather or collect your personal information when you access the website, download, or sign up to access any portion of our Service.
- Speedtest is a service provided by Telstra Speedtest and Sensorly. While taking a test using either Speedtest or the Sensorly app for any platform or device, We gather: (a) the test results, (b) non-precise information regarding the approximate location of your device or computer derived from GeoIP Data or Precise Location Data (if your device’s settings permit it) and (c) Other Information, which includes, however, not only your IP address ISP, college, or the organisation that manages the network you are testing, and the network’s hardware and device identifiers, such for your SSID, or IMEI (if it is run on smartphones). Use Speedtest as well as Sensorly on your smartphone or another device. Telstra Speed tests may gather your precise location data when you’re taking a test and when the application is not being used but operating in the background of your device. When you download the Speedtest extension to your browser, it allows you to examine your web speeds, and it utilises its Web Speed feature, which determines the load time of the website you visit and will enable you to choose the time it takes the site to load. With Web Speed, we collect Web Speed features; we gather metrics on page load for sites you browse, such as the URL of your page, load times and GeoIP Data. Web Speed does analyse your IP address whenever you conduct a test to determine the approximate position of the computer. However, the IP addresses analysed through Web Speed are not retained by the Telstra Speed test and disappear automatically when the test has been completed. We use this information with the latest Speedtest data from the same device.
- Information about advertising and content If you decide to interact with advertising or content from a third party on our Channels or Services, We may collect information about you from the third party that is relevant to you.
- Third-party information: We could get or collect your Personal Information from other individuals who supply the information to us. This could include offline channels, such as telephone calls or direct mail campaigns, from clients, suppliers, vendors or third parties, which are publically accessible or commercially available sources (e.g. data brokers or data aggregators; public databases, etc. ) and third-party affiliate network operators, sources of referrals; social network websites as well as platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) if you connect to the Services using third-party connections or login (e.g., Facebook Connect, Twitter, or Google+) to access the Services or create a membership and profile with any portion of the Services and browse our content, and forward it to another user the platform or service. We might also collect your email address or username for these third-party services or any other information that is available regarding you or obtained from you via the respective platforms or services.
- Note it is important to note that Telstra Speed testing isn’t responsible for any details you provide regarding yourself in public areas of the Services, including forum discussions, comments sections, blogs, wikis, chat rooms, private messages, message boards, or any other public interactions or data that you decide to publish on any profile page of yours or different sections of the Services that permit the users to submit or publish content. We advise users against posting these types of Personal Information in this fashion. Yo
- u can modify your public information at any time through the profile section of your account. If you wish to request the removal of your personal information from these places, you must reach us through the DSAR Portal. In certain circumstances, it is possible that we need to be more capable of removing your personal information. In this instance, we will inform you that we cannot do this and explain why.
- Creation of User Information. We could also collect User Information regarding you, like your interactions with us and your purchase history, to use for internal administration and analysis. We may also mix the data you supplied with information from third-party sources, such as social networks and other data collection entities.
We may Process User Information for the following reasons for providing you with the services in communication with you, providing advertisements to you via our Services and Channels, analyzing the engagement of our users by observing engagement of users and purchasing activity throughout channels and services; monitoring purchase behavior across Service and Channels providing business-to-business lead generation and lead generation services. We also offer speed tests by Telstra speed test and Sensorly for testing your internet connectivity. We also offer Downdetector, which informs you of the downtime of third-party services. Marketing our products and services to potential and existing customers, overseeing our computer systems, managing our finances, conducting surveys, assuring your systems are secure, conducting investigations when needed, complying with the law applicable to us, and improving our Services.
The reasons why we can process User Information as per the applicable law are:
- The provision of the services to You The Services are provided to you through Telstra Speed Test or any of its affiliates, including (i) providing contests, chat rooms, forums as well as communities, (ii) posting your testimonial along with others’ endorsements (iii) the display of own personal review of the products or services you use, (iv) allowing you to locate other website members by using the information you have already gathered about the person, including full username name, gamer’s name or profile, and identify users who meet the criteria. (v) managing your account and (vi) customer assistance and management of relationships.
- Enhancing and Providing the Services Operating as well as managing Services for you, providing personalized content to you, engaging with you through the Services as well as identifying any issues in the Services and preparing improvements or introducing new Services and informing you of any changes regarding any Services. Services.
- Surveys: interacting with you to get your feedback about our Services.
- Communications Communication: communicating with you by any medium (including through email, telephone or social media, text message posts, in person or email) about news and other information that you might be interested in, subject to ensuring that these communications are delivered to you by applicable laws; maintaining up-to-date contact details when appropriate, and obtaining your consent before opt-in consent when required. We may send targeted marketing, as defined in Section 6.
- Advertising: displaying advertisements based on your preferences and interactions with Services and Channels, including the Use of User Information to provide you with advertising on Services and Channels, as in leasing portions that provide User Information to third-party companies. For more details, please refer to section 7 below.
- Audience Engagement: Identifying and creating audience engagement and strategies for advertising and promotion across various channels and platforms available in the Service and on Channels.
- Users’ Engaged and Buys monitoring purchases and other activity on the Service and Channels, including a review of the browsing history (if available). Analytics are provided as a measurement of traffic cost against the money paid.
- Commerce Offerings: Using cookies to monitor your browsing history and the amount spent on a specific third-party merchant’s website to give coupons or other deals that can benefit your shopping experience. Also, offering coupons via SMS when a mobile number is supplied.
- Lead Generation: Business-to-business lead generation involves the distribution of leads and information to clients to enhance the effectiveness of customers’ marketing strategies and services by using various strategies. It includes the generation of leads through phone calls and emails to promote you to relevant content, such as white papers or webinars, which are offered via the Telstra Speed test. Once you pass the test, your contact information is given to our customer.
- Speedtest Offers Speedtest is a service offered as a product of Telstra Speed Test. Sensory can be available across multiple platforms, devices and products like an extension for your browser, or as applications within certain products, like routers. It allows you to evaluate speeds, latencies, and other essential characteristics of your TCP/IP connections. You will be given the results. Your results from the Speedtest or Sensorly can be utilised in conjunction with Telstra Speed Test to conduct analyses, prepare product enhancements, and make market reports. Telstra Speed test licenses the Speedtest and Sensorly results and any feedback you give its customers in the business sector. Telstra Speed test also grants licenses to Speedtest and Sensorly Speedtest as well as Sensorly applications to customers of business who want to let their users test their networks’ internet connectivity or, in the instance of Speedtest, the application, to determine the end user’s connection(s) between the device as well as that Telstra Speed test system of servers.
- Downdetector: It is available across various devices, products and platforms. Downdetector gathers information about service outages by third parties and reports anonymous problems directly to Downdetector and comments on Downdetector posts on social media concerning outages and Other Information. Downdetector allows users to see the status of third-party services it monitors. Telstra Speed test licenses Downdetector information for its corporate customers.
- Customer Marketing: We could promote our services to current and potential customers and their employees who have expressed a desire to deal with or have already conducted business before with the Telstra Speed test to promote and grow our business. This may include sending out marketing emails, or conducting calls to encourage purchases of advertisements, speed test/sensory, Online Data licensing, lead generation, and other business-related services provided through Telstra Speedtest.
- IT Administration IT Administration: administration of Telstra Speed test’s information technology systems Administration of devices and networks and security for devices and networks. Implementing security of information systems and data policies; conducting compliance audits about internal policies; identifying and preventing fraudulent activity and compliance with the legal regulations.
- Security: electronic security measures (including monitoring login details and access details) to reduce the threat of security incidents and give the capability to recognise and fix a security issue.
- Financial Management: General goals of management and business which include the following: economic, financial and administrative management as well as planning and reporting sales and development of employees; finance, accounting corporate audits, and compliance with the legal requirements
- Investigations: identifying or investigating breaches of Policy, as well as criminal crimes, in compliance with the law applicable.
- Legal Proceedings: creating, exercising, and defending legal rights.
We may provide the User Information we collect to regulatory and legal authorities and our external advisor’s third parties that Process Users’ Information for us (“Processors”) or any other party that is required for the legal process; or any other party that is necessary to investigate the occurrence of criminal acts; any buyer of our business, and to any third-party providers of plugins, advertising or other content that is used through the Services.
We may share information about you with any entity belonging to the Company group for legitimate business reasons (including managing the Services and offering services to you) according to the law applicable to us. We may also divulge the User Data we collect to
- Regulators and legal authorities on demand or for reporting any real or suspected violation of the applicable law or regulation.
- Outside professional advisers (such as auditors, accountants, or lawyers) are who are bound by confidentiality obligations in contracts;
- Third-party Processors (such as analytic providers, data centres, etc. ) that are located anywhere in the world and subject to the conditions set out in this Section 9;
- Any relevant person, such as a law enforcement agency, a relevant party or a court, in the event necessary to establish or protection of rights in law.
- Any person or entity that is relevant to the purpose of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offence or the enforcement of criminal penalties, such as protection against and prevention of security threats;
- Any other relevant third party acquirer(s) or other third-party acquirers in the event the company sells or transfers all or any part of our business or assets (including the case of a reorganisation, liquidation, or dissolution);
- Any relevant third-party vendor or third-party provider if the Services use third-party advertisements, plugins or other content. If you decide to interact with any of these ads, plugins, or content, details about your interactions with our Services and Channels to provide targeted advertisements based on your preferences may be given to the third-party service provider in question. If you tap, click on, or interact with an ad, the advertiser could conclude that you meet its requirements;
- The sponsors of contests or sweepstakes contests, sweepstakes or prize draw, webcasts, white papers, and other downloading. The data you enter associated with such events are to be utilised by us to form part of User Information and may be given to the sponsor and other parties as long as it is by the terms of this Policy and the privacy policies of the sponsor. We could also share your personal information with third-party vendors involved in managing these events. For contests, contests sweepstakes and prize draw, be sure to go through the official rules or the terms and conditions thoroughly before submitting your details, as well as
For certain of our Services, we might collect certain data, such as the names of our users as well as their postal address, telephone number, email address, and in certain instances, the name of their employer, company size, and other information about the industry available for rental or on another basis (e.g. or sale) to third-party providers of products and services such as when this information is made available through white papers, webcasts or other downloads sponsored by us.
Suppose you sign up for the co-branded service (a service provided by the partner in the Telstra Speed Test) and register or submit information to the co-branded website. In that case, we permit you to transmit the data back to the partner, which could include third-party service providers whose offerings are integrated into or appear in the Services.
- For surveys, when responses are released to the public, users will be notified when they complete the survey. If not, we will release only general information about our survey respondents’ responses to others participating in the poll. When surveys permit users to write comments and when Telstra Speed test advises users about the possibility of disclosure before the time of taking surveys, Telstra Speed test reserves the right to release any information submitted by respondents, subject to the condition that none of the User Information that identifies the individual user is made public.
- We might also offer to sell or otherwise transfer Online Data to certain third parties, including advertisers, who may use this information to display ads they believe will be relevant to your needs, and they agree to protect the confidentiality of the information. Certain third parties might combine Online Data with their data to give you an even more complete picture.
- We may employ third-party providers to assist in the collection, storage, and segmentation of Online Data and the providers are obliged to protect the confidentiality of the information. The third-party providers could gather User Information through our Services to serve their own needs, which may include but not be restricted to monitoring fraud on the Internet.
- We also may engage with third-party companies to recognise our customers and provide content based on their interests and advertising. We might share your User Information with our partners, such as your name, address, email address, or other identities. Our partners can include: (i) collect information directly from your device, including your IP address as well as device ID, advertising ID, as well as information about your operating system (ii) mix User Information you’ve obtained through Telstra Speed Test with data about you that comes from other sites or services as well as (iii) create or detect a specific cookie in your browser.
- In addition to the other information described herein, the data we collect from all tests that we run through Telstra Speed tests are gathered anonymously and later aggregated to provide performance data to users of our Telstra Speed testing websites as well as its Speedtest servers and hosts, as well as to third-party companies to who we license the data. This is done to offer a neutral and impartial monitoring and reporting service for users across the globe. The only Speedtest results that we do not give to third-party users are the test results from the Use of Speedtest Custom, which is made accessible under the terms of a paid subscription or through white sensory applications that are labelled. In these cases, Speedtest results are the property of Speedtest results are the property of the subscriber and subject to the subscriber’s privacy policies.
- The information collected by Speedtest and Sensorly might not be private in the following ways. For example, for certain ISPs and mobile operators, the Telstra Speed test will give full IP addresses, network and device identifiers, hardware for these ISPs, and mobile operator’s clients at demand. Telstra Speed test can provide complete IP addresses and network hardware and device identifiers to the equipment makers and core network or wholesale providers on a case-by-case basis to conduct network research. Telstra Speed test could also collect GeoIP Data and Precise Location Information, and the data may be licensed or transferred to a third party.
- Suppose we contract with a third-party processor to process your User Information in this manner. In that case, the Processor is bound by a binding contract to (i) solely process the user Information according to our written instructions before the time of collection and (ii) implement measures to ensure the security and confidentiality that the Users Information provides in conjunction with any other requirements under the law applicable to them.
- The Services include links to other websites or partners whose practices regarding information may differ from ours. It is recommended to read the privacy policies of these third-party sites to understand what privacy practices they have in place.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA) offers certain rights to California consumers. If you’re a California resident of California, these additional conditions apply to you.
- Right to Know About Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
- You are entitled to request disclosure of the personal information we gather, use, disclose and use, share and even sell. If you already have an account at our site, we’ll confirm the request by verifying that the email address you used to send the request is identical to the email address on file. If you don’t possess an existing account with us, we’ll confirm that the request was made by emailing the email you used to submit the request. We might request additional information relevant to the proposal to approve the request.
- Collection of Personal Information
- The types of California Consumers’ Personal Information we might collect are described in Section 2. (“What Categories of Information We Process”).In the context of section 2, we might gather Personal Details, including Demographic information as well as Contact Details, Consent Records, Location Information such as precise location Data, Purchase and Pay Details, Employer Details, Views, or Opinions. We also collect other types of information from you or other sources and call “Other Information” in this Policy. According to section 2, it might include, but not be restricted to, information regarding your visits to and interactions and interaction with the Services as well as content and ads on Channels, which can be aggregated; browsing history and interactions with and searches for the e-commerce market, such as merchants and promotions that are included within the Services.
- We can gather California consumers’ personal information from the sources described in Section 4 (“How We collect Personal Information from Users”). According to Section 4 above, this could be: Information You Provide as Relationship Data, Information You Make Public Content, Service Data and advertising information, and Third Party Information. Speedtest data when you run Speedtests. Speedtest.We might obtain personal data through the sources listed below as specified under Section 2 (“What Types of Information We process”) GeoIP Data ID, IDFA; IP address ISP, SSID; IMSI, IMEI, Web Beacons; Log files Pixel Tags Local Shared Objects like Flash cookies, as well as Local Storage including HTML5 and similar technologies.
- We collect this information for the reasons described in Section 5 (“Purposes for which we might process your personal information”) or to conduct Direct Marketing as outlined in Section 6 (“Direct Marketing”).
- Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information
- We may be selling or disclosing the types of Personal Information described under Section 9. (“What Information We Disclose to Third Parties”) to fulfil commercial or business purposes.
- We have provided Personal Information to the following types of third-party parties for business:
- Other entities that are part of other entities within the Company group that have legitimate business purposes, for example, running the Services and other entities within the Company group for legitimate business purposes, such as operating the Services and Services to you
- Third Processors to serve the purpose of providing Services to you
- Third-party service providers if our Services utilise third-party advertisements, plugins or other content from third-party providers;
- Third-party providers who aid in the storage, collection and segmentation of third-party providers to assist with the collection, storage and segmentation of Online Data. These third-party providers could gather the User Information through our Services to fulfil their requirements, including, but not limited to, investigating fraud on the Internet;
- Third parties aim to recognise our customers and deliver content and advertising to the users. We might share your User Information with our partners, like your name, address, email address, or other identification information. Our partners could additionally: (i) collect information directly from your device, including your IP address or device ID, your advertising ID, and other information about your operating system (ii) mix User information you have received through Telstra Speedtest with data about you that comes from other sites or services as well as (iii) identify or place the unique cookie in your browser.
- Third-party vendors are involved in managing contests, contests, sweepstakes, prize draws or webcasts.
- We might have sold or disclosed Personal Information to the following types of third parties with an enterprise or commercial reason:
- Third-party providers if our Services use third-party advertising, plugins or other content. If you decide to interact with such ads, plugins, or content, details regarding your actions on our Services and Channels to provide targeted advertising based on your preferences may be provided to the third-party provider of the relevant service. If you tap, click on, or engage with an advertisement, the advertiser might conclude that you meet its requirements;
- Third parties aim to recognise our customers and provide content based on their interests and advertising to the users. We might share your User Information with our partners, such as your name, address, email address, or other identification information. Our partners can additionally: (i) collect information directly from your device like your IP address as well as device ID, advertising ID, as well as information regarding your browser or operating system, (ii) blend User information you have obtained through Telstra Speed Test with other information about you that comes from other sites or services or services; and (iii) create or detect the unique cookie in your computer’s browser.
- Third parties, such as advertisers that third parties, such as advertisers, use Online Data to serve ads that they believe to be relevant to your interests and who have agreed to keep the confidentiality of the information. Third, companies may combine Online Data along with personal information to create a complete image;
- Third-party partners like companies that advertise and market their services, agencies, publishers of content retailers, and third-party providers of goods and services, as well as service providers whose products and services are integrated into or appear in or are integrated into the Services when you access the co-branded services (a service provided by an affiliate of the Telstra Speed Test) or make an application or submit information on the co-branded site. This information will only be shared with us when you permit us to transfer the information we collect back to the third party;
- Third-party suppliers of services and goods on a rental or another basis for certain of our Services, when we collect, we collect information (such as names of customers and their addresses, telephone numbers or email and, in some cases, their employer’s name, business size and other data about the industry) is shared in conjunction with white papers, webcasts or other downloaded content that is sponsored.
- If you conduct Speedtest, ISPs and mobile carriers could receive full IP addresses and network hardware or device identifiers for the ISP and mobile operator’s clients at an inquiry. Equipment manufacturers and wholesale or core network providers can also be provided with complete IP addresses, device, web and hardware identifiers on a case-by-case basis to research networks. Third parties could receive GeoIP Data and Precise Location Data.
- These Services aren’t designed to be used by children. We do not share the personal information of minors younger than 16 without written consent.
We employ the appropriate organisational and technical security measures to secure your personal information. We recommend that any Personal Information you provide to us is safe.
We have taken the appropriate security measures for our organisation and technical standards that protect the User Information against unlawful or accidental destruction and modification, disclosure without authorisation or access by unauthorised persons, and other illegal or unauthorised methods of Processing, in compliance with the applicable laws. In certain circumstances, we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and transfer some user Information in a non-human-readable format to ensure security. We cannot, however, guarantee that there will never occur a breach, as well as we cannot be held accountable for any security breach or the actions of a third party.
Since the Internet is an insecure network, data transmission via the Internet isn’t 100% safe. While we take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the data transmitted to us via the Internet. All transmissions are completely at your risk, and you are responsible for ensuring the Personal Information you provide to us is sent securely.
We take every action to guarantee that the User Information you provide is accurate, current, and erased or corrected when we discover mistakes.
We make every effort to ensure that the User Information we process is correct and, if required, current and any of your Personal Information we Process that you provide us with is not accurate (having reference to the purpose that they are processed for) is deleted or corrected.
We take every step in our ability to limit the amount of your User Information we process to what is needed.
We employ every reasonable measure to ensure that the User Information we process is limited to the information reasonably required about the objectives laid in this Policy or as necessary to provide you with services or access to the Services.
We take every precaution to ensure that the User Information you provide is only kept for the required duration. Online Data associated with OBA is retained by Telstra Speed test for no longer than 180 days, after which it will expire subject to certain conditions.
We will take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Information is only processed for the minimal time required to fulfil the purposes described within the Policy. The criteria that determine the length of time we retain your User Information are as follows: We keep the copies of your User Information in a format that allows the identification for the time required for the purposes described in this Policy unless the applicable law requires a longer time. Except for a legal requirement that we retain the information, We will keep the information for no more than necessary to meet the legitimate business requirement. Telstra Speed test has historical Speedtest and Sensorly data for the purposes listed within Section 5 above, performing analyses and preparing improvements to the product, preparing market reports in addition to licensing Speedtest as well as Sensorly results to business customers. Telstra Speed test could keep old Speedtest and Sensorly results for archive purposes for the public interest, for scientific or historical research, or for statistical purposes.
The Telstra Speed Test Terms of Service govern the Use of the services.
Please read our Conditions of Use often to check any modifications we introduce from time to time.
If you have any concerns or issues, please reach us.
We will address your concerns and work to resolve any issues.